Verse of the Year

Make me know your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:4-5

13 August 2009

Ya, I don't have time to work...

Today was a good day! Man, were we busy, though! It was payday and paydays have always been little busy for us. I have to go to the bank and put Jerry's money into his account. I try to do that first thing. I mean, it is his paycheck after all... he should at least get some of it to use! Especially since he's stuck in a foreign country!

Before we left this morning, though, we got a few phone calls. I was tempted to start answering the phone "Good morning! Grand Central Station, may I help you?" LOL I don't usually get phone calls in the morning because... well... people know me well enough not to expect me to communicate efficiently without coffee and a shower first. (Really... its amazing that I ever held a job that expected me to speak before Noon.) But we got several. I don't even remember who all called right now, but I know that 1 was my Mom... duh! :P The other was my friend Wendy.

Poor Wendy has a bad summer cold and can barely talk! So her husband insisted that she go to the Acute Care Clinic today and since the MEDDAC mandated "no kids allowed" unless it is said child's appointment... she needed a babysitter! No problem, says I! Cute little Corbin can just go to the grocery store with us! Corbin is 4 and Gabriel thinks that he is hilarious! So we're good!

So I jump into the shower and get dressed before Wendy brings him over. She drops him off and we head out. We hit the bank, gas station (Ya, the gas station is a payday event because I don't go very far and a tank of gas lasts for! ever! LOL), Wal-Mart (who doesn't have to go to Wal-Mart on payday? Show of hands?), and then back onto Post for the Commissary.

Well, Wendy calls right as we hit the Commissary. I said "take a nap, we'll be a while yet." I had literally just walked in when she called. So we shop and get what we need and Corbin comes home with us for a bit. After lunch, we take Corbin home and I put Gabriel down for a nap thinking that he's going to sleep for a while.

Ummm... no. Not even an hour. Really? Because since he got up early, we had been out running around and he was getting down just a little bit late, I expected at least a 2 hour nap... possibly 3. That's just his normal M.O. But no... 45 minutes and he was done. Clearly, I wasn't going to get anything done that I needed to get done either since he doesn't want me to leave his side at that point. (He goes through this periodically. Not sure why.)

So I call Katie because we needed to go get our shirts for VBS. We head out and decide that both toddlers (Katie has an 18 month old named Aidan.) could use the time away from home. They were maybe a little fussy at home? Just slightly? LOL Also... its hot today (North Country 'hot' is over 80, btw) and we want ice cream! So after Michael's,we head to the mall. In the mall, there's a big thing that uses pool table balls and its kind of like a huge version of that game Mouse Trap. Anyone remember that? You know... the ball goes down the shoot, tips over this thing, falls off and bounces off of this part and goes through this whole maze of stuff. Kids love it.


The boys had a blast. We walked all over the mall. I got a couple of things that we needed. "Need being a relative term." Yes, necessary, but maybe not right this minute. At least they were on sale? Anywho.... (Whistling and looking away.) I spent less than $20, though.

At some point, we realize that it is much later than we thought and the boys need more than ice cream for dinner. Back to the food court we go and feed the boys. I drop Katie off at home at around 8 and we head home... And now Gabriel is asleep, I'm writing this blog and in a few seconds, I'm going to go clean up the kitchen. Yuck... I hate doing that! That's part of the reason we were out so late. Avoiding responsibility!! LOL

O.k. hope you all ("all" being Kira and Rebecca) had a great day, too! Especially Kira since it was her birthday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment