Gabriel has been asleep for over 2 hours now. Yay! I'm really happy, but the last couple of days, the naps haven't gone really well and guess who pays for that one... Mommy! I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that it is somehow my fault that he woke up sooner than he wanted to wake up. But for some reason, the way he cries and fusses at me makes me think that he is blaming me. Hmmm.... It doesn't get to me THAT much, though. I just try to distract him and remind him that life is not so bad. Or I try putting him back down, but that hasn't really worked yet.
The last few days, we've been busy. That might be part of his sleeping problem. I really thought that busyness would make him tired. Apparently, I'm wrong. It has been a necessary busy or we would have stayed home more. TRUST ME! I would love the opportunity to get more laundry done! Wednesday, I did stay home and do laundry a bit. That was nice. Yesterday, I blogged about, so you know about that...
Today. Today, we got up early and headed out to Carthage. PWOC has started trying to set up booths at the Carthage Farmers Market to do Outreach. See... any woman can join PWOC. You don't have to be a military spouse or female soldier. We just ask that you be female. It helps when we decide to have a Bible study on how to deal with men if all of the participants are NOT men. Kidding!
Digressing... apparently, I do that no matter what blog system I use! Ha!
I dropped off Gabriel with his favorite babysitter, Danielle. She is his childcare worker for church and PWOC normally and lives in Carthage. So it worked out really well. She had told me a long time ago that he could come over any time! And she lives near the Farmer's Market. Sweet! LOL
So Wendy (not Wendy Graf) and I sat at the table and talked. Mostly to each other... haha! But we did meet some very nice girls who were interested and I need to email information out to 4 people once I get the class list, etc. I think on nice days like today, (Ummm... the North Country does have access to the sun!? Who knew?!?!) we need to stay a bit longer than 2 hours. We did pretty well.
We came home and after yesterday, Gabriel has taken an almost 4 hour nap! Have I gotten anything done? Well.... sort of... nothing that I NEEDED to get done, but I got some stuff done, nonetheless. LOL Mostly banking and PWOC stuff. Also, making Mom & the Sisters a hotel room reservation for Sept. :)
Tomorrow, I have an all-day Board Retreat/Meeting... Sunday I have VBS set up stuff to do. Monday thru Friday we have VBS and then I'll worry about what's after that. LOL Phew!
Gabriel is making "I'm awake, Mom!" noises so I better go! More tomorrow night probably!
No comments:
Post a Comment