Verse of the Year

Make me know your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:4-5

02 October 2009

Having Daddy Home...

Jerry has been home for an entire week now. Yay!! :) It has been really nice not being alone all of the time. It has also been interesting. Gabriel and I have a little bit of a routine, so this Daddy guy is just kind of making him wonder what's going on. He's taking it pretty well, though, I have to say.

The first few days, Gabriel just kept walking past Jerry with this look that said "you're still here.... Hmmmm..." He would let Jerry hold him if I handed him to Jerry, but just kind of sat there very still and unsure. Now he'll go to Jerry, but occassionally still wants me... especially if he's hungry or tired.

A couple of days ago, the Pastor from my home church and his wife visited us for a few hours while on their way to Niagara Falls. Gabriel went to Jerry and sat on his lap. I was in the room and Gabriel chose Jerry! Yay!

Gabriel has also let me leave him with Daddy a few times. I've been to the library and commissary by myself and maybe 1 other place. (I'm too tired to remember right now. LOL) He's even figuring out that Daddy can get him things if Mommy is busy. Sweet!

Hopefully, all of this means that by the time Fall Conference comes around for PWOC, Gabriel will be o.k. with staying with Daddy for 4 days. And more importantly... Jerry will be o.k. with taking care of Gabriel by himself for 4 days. lol I've registered for the Conference... my check has been cashed... I have a room assignment... its all set. Now we'll just see. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment