No news on the baby front. But I think that this falls under "no news is good news" for the time being. No word from Mother Nature and I haven't gotten up the nerve to test yet.
I say "nerve" not because I'm upset that I'd be pregnant. I WANT to be pregnant.... this is the plan... However, I'm never quite so o.k. with all of the gross, icky, painful, and annoying pregnancy symptoms. I'm a big whiner, people! (O.k., all together now... "Ya, we knew that, Mel.")
Also, I may not quite be ready to have to get rid of some of my habits that do not go well with pregnancy. For example... my pot-a-day coffee habit. O.k. my coffee pot is only 6 cups and I believe they used the smallest cups on the planet b/c it barely fills my travel mug twice, but still. I'm just sayin....
O.k. moving on... otherwise I'm going to have to rename this blog "Melissa obsessing about pregnancy." And since it is "Melissa obsessing about the kid she already has", I should get back to that.
Gabriel has now decided that he likes Daddy carrying him better than Mommy. In some ways, I'm saying "Yes!" In some ways... I miss the little snuggles. Although, Jerry said to me last night "I think you must be stronger than me. I can't stand and hold him all the time." Should I tell him that the secret is to work up to it starting the day they are born at 7ish pounds and not start with 22 pounds of wiggle worm? LOL I think I just said "I'm used to it, honey, but I get tired, too." I don't think I'm going to lose the honor of being Gabriel's personal pack mule anytime soon, though. I'm o.k. with that for now.
In the quest for weight loss that doesn't make me really work at it...
We're looking at buying me a treadmill. Not sure exactly where we'll put it in the BatCave, but we'll see. I just think that if I have something I can walk on while Gabriel is sleeping this winter, I'll get more exercise. Going to the gym is annoying b/c I can't guarantee that I can get Gabriel into childcare, plus there's the whole driving across base in 120 inches of snow stuff. O.k. I know we don't get 120 inches all at the same time, but it certainly looks like it at times. And I don't want to bundle Gabriel and I, go to the locker room, unbundle him (b/c the gym childcare won't let you leave their stuff), put him in IF there's space available, then after I work out, change myself, go get him, go back to the locker room, bundle him.... Anywho... you get the point... its a process... and if there IS a Thing No. 2, well, the process will just be more tiresome b/c I'll just be tired. So ya... I'm thinking a treadmill would be way more convenient.
Note to self... check Craig's List and Overstock, etc.
O.k. well... I'm going to go drink some coffee (not alot, but some), and run a load of laundry before we get going for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment